How often should I review my insurance policies?
Q: How often should I review my insurance policies?
A: Insurance protects you, your family, your home, your car and your belongings against the unexpected. But it can only do its job if the coverage is up to date. There are key times to review your coverage. This includes:
- When your current insurance policies are about to expire ― If your home, auto, life or health insurance policies are about to expire, take the time to meet with your agent. As your needs change, so should your coverage.
- If your family situation changes ― Are you planning a wedding or expecting a baby? You’ll want to protect your growing family with adequate life and disability insurance. The loss of a family member through death or divorce should also prompt a review of the policy.
- Once your children are old enough to drive ― When you have a new teen driver, adequate auto insurance is a must.
- If you move ― If you downsize your home, you risk being over-insured. If you move into a larger house, you may be underinsured.
- When you start a business ― Whether you’re renting office space or opening a home-based business, include a thorough insurance review in your start-up plans. If you work from home, review your owner’s plan to make sure your business and equipment are fully covered.
You have more questions ? I would like to answer them! Feel free to call or text my office at (704) 526-0887 or visit us in person at 9539 Idlewild Road or online at MyMintHillAgent.com.